Many camping chairs don’t live up to expectations when it comes to durability. They snap and buckle under the pressure – a nightmare during a vacation.
But does this Quik Chair product – with a load capacity of 1/4 ton – solve the issue?
Introducing the Quik Chair Heavy Duty 1/4 Ton Folding Camping Chair
Quik Chair hasn’t tried to produce an “all singing, all dancing” camping chair here.
The fact this Quik Chair camping chair can accommodate up to 1/4 ton of weight, which at 500lb, is nearly twice as much as other brands, is quite commendable.
It costs a little more than the manufacturer’s other products.
This chair is in Quik Chair’s Heavy Duty range, and cheaper lines in their Bronze Series have a loading capacity of about 235lb – about 50% less.
One gripe that many customers seem to have with camping chairs, especially when they’re seniors, is that they can be difficult to get out of without relying on the armrests. This added pressure also causes the chairs to become misshaped and damaged. However, this Quik Chair Heavy Duty chair seems to buck the trend.
You can ease in and out of the camping chair effortlessly – however, it’s worth noting the seat is quite high up. That means that if you’re a little on the small side, you may find this product a little uncomfortable to use – yet slightly roomy.
|Easy to construct||Yes|
|Adjustable arm rests||No|
|Heavy duty fabric||Yes|
|Suitable for||Soccer games, camping trips and BBQs|
Quik Chair hasn’t tried to produce an “all singing, all dancing” camping chair here. You won’t notice a cooler along the side, or storage pockets for all your newspapers and magazines.
However, the manufacturer claims to compensate for this by offering a heavy duty product that’s likely to go the distance – and given the choice, most shoppers would rather keep their possessions on the floor, by their side, than buy a chair that’ll break in an instant.
Unfortunately, the reception from the general public to this camping chair has been rather lukewarm at best. Many have reported that it’s rather uncomfortable to sit in for prolonged periods of time, and that the fabric is prone to fraying.
Because of all this, it seems there’s a little more work to be done before Quik Chair can fully proclaim that they’ve got a durable chair on the market. Many shoppers are instead opting for specialist camping brands.
Advantages of the Quik Chair Heavy Duty 1/4 Ton Folding Camping Chair
No more second guessing whether or not you’re a suitable weight for fitting in the camping chair.
It’s important to remember that for the price, Quik Chair’s camping chair isn’t too bad an investment. For a product that contains every feature you could dream of, it’s likely that the price would be four to five times higher. Pros include:
- The loading capacity, which comes in at 500lb: No more second guessing whether or not you’re a suitable weight for fitting in the camping chair. This product is suitable for everyone (even if you have kids on your lap!) – and it certainly gets extra marks for that.
- It’ll unfold and be good to go in moments: Unlike other camping chairs, where it seems you need a degree in rocket science to set it up, Quik Chair’s products are ready in seconds. There aren’t any instructions, or parts you need to fiddle with.
- The camping chair boasts a dual cup holder: This is a remarkably rare find in camping chairs – and most products only have one cup holder on the left-hand side. The inclusion of two will help you to cut back on those all-too-annoying trips to the fridge for another cold beer when you’re trying to relax.
- It’s been made out of heavy duty polyester: And, according to the manufacturer, this is “extra heavy duty” fabric, too! This means the bottom of the chair will be less likely to give way. That said, as mentioned earlier in the review, some shoppers have reported that the fabric can begin to fray around the edges.
- Plenty of room towards the sides and the back: The Quik Chair camping chair is generously sized on all fronts. Many rivals seem to forget about the length of the chair from the front to the back – meaning that you can’t fully recline. However, this product seems to have solved that problem.
- Steel tubing has been included for extra strength: Within the construction of the camping chair, large diameter steel tubes add to the overall durability of the product. Better still, this doesn’t affect the ease with which you can fold the chair back up again, and it doesn’t make it too bulky to store, either.
Disadvantages of the Quik Chair Heavy Duty 1/4 Ton Folding Camping Chair
So: what are the potential pitfalls to expect if you’re taking this Quik Chair camping chair with you on your next vacation? Here are some of the pitfalls to expect – many of which are easily remedied by going for a more advanced product:
- This Quik Chair chair is quite tall when folded: At 36″ tall when it’s been fully compressed, you might find that it’ll be an inconvenient obstruction along with all of your other possessions in the car trunk. That said, it’s relatively lightweight to carry over your shoulder en route to the campsite.
- The stitching can begin to come loose over time: This can be particularly frustrating – particularly if you aren’t nifty with a sewing needle to begin with. Oftentimes, such wear and tear can also begin to manifest itself outside of Quik Chair’s limited warranty period.
- It should not be used on uneven ground: The instruction manual for Quik Chair's camping chair mentions this rather emphatically. Doing so could result in the steel frame becoming misshaped, and it may even pose a safety risk if you’re not careful.
Comparing the Quik Chair Heavy Duty 1/4 Ton Folding Camping Chair
|Quik Chair Heavy Duty 1/4 Ton Folding Camping Chair||Quik Chair Fully Adjustable Folding Camping Chair||Coleman Broadband Camping Chair With Carrying Bag|
|Price||Check Price »||Check Price »||Check Price »|
|Easy to construct||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Adjustable arm rests||No||No||No|
|Heavy duty fabric||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Suitable for||Soccer games, camping trips and BBQs||Soccer games, camping trips and BBQs||Soccer games and BBQs|
In Summary: The Quik Chair Heavy Duty 1/4 Ton Folding Camping Chair
Other unique selling points include the dual cup holder and the wide back, which deal with some of the major gripes that camping chair users have had in the past.
Overall, Quik Chair’s camping chair is a sound investment if you're a larger or heavier customer. The 500lb loading capacity ensures that it’s a durable purchase which will be the ultimate companion for camping trips, barbecues and soccer games.
From an esthetics point of view, we were only able to find this product in grey – and it would have been nice to have had a wider range of colors to choose from.
Other unique selling points include the dual cup holder and the wide back, which deal with some of the major gripes that camping chair users have had in the past. But, as we’ve mentioned, there’s still a little way to go before this Quik Chair product can reach its full potential from a durability point of view.