Some antiperspirant deodorants can be so addled with chemicals that they send off a revolting smell, and leave your skin feeling red raw.
But Tom's of Maine comfortably manages to buck that trend – as it includes natural ingredients, and they’re fully transparent about what’s in the bottle.
Introducing Tom’s of Maine Naturally Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant
Tom’s of Maine offers a guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the performance of their Naturally Dry antiperspirant deodorant.
This is one of the cheapest antiperspirant deodorants on the market. Owing to the natural ingredients inside, it doesn’t have the same power as chemical strength alternatives.
Upon use, you'll get 24 hours of wetness protection – and this will fit in well with your personal hygiene routine.
It’s a roll-on strip, and all ingredients have been extracted from minerals and plants.
Tom’s of Maine offers a guarantee that you’ll be satisfied with the performance of their Naturally Dry antiperspirant deodorant. Although it’s completely fragrance free, it does include active ingredients that prevent odor as you go about your day.
The company also offers other deodorants in their range – all roll-ons – which offer long-lasting protection against body odor.
If you have ethical concerns about using one of these products, it’s comforting to know that Naturally Dry contains no artificial preservatives – or active ingredients which derive from animals. The same applies to all of the items they produce.
|Lasts for||24 hours|
|For sensitive skin||Yes|
|Apply at night||Or day - it's up to you!|
Many users would recommend this product to a friend, and to ensure you remain moisturized, it’s worthwhile to purchase one of their soaps in tandem with the antiperspirant deodorant.
When it comes to the product’s efficiency in tackling hyperhidrosis, do bear in mind that Naturally Dry hasn’t been manufactured to prescription strength standards. As such, it might not be the course of treatment that’s recommended by your doctor or dermatologist. However, this roll-on will be ideal if you suffer from sensitive skin, and have suffered severe irritability from stronger products in the past. It’s a gentle solution that won’t leave your armpits red raw after several applications.
Although Tom’s of Maine might seem like a little-known brand, it’s been part of a large cosmetics conglomerate for quite a while. Since 2006, the company has been affiliated with Colgate-Palmolive, the manufacturers of toothpastes and shampoos. This has given the brand national reach.
Advantages of Tom’s of Maine Naturally Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant
Are you conscious of sweat marks appearing under your arms while you’re in work or enjoying a night out?
Tom’s of Maine certainly gets brownie points for how they take pride in ethically sourcing their ingredients, and offering full transparency on why they have been included. Oftentimes, it’s too easy to trust products without fully knowing what we’re consuming. The active ingredients include:
- Aluminum chlorohydrate, reducing wetness throughout the day: Are you conscious of sweat marks appearing under your arms while you’re in work or enjoying a night out? If so, this ingredient – recycled from bauxite – ensures that you don’t perspire, and remain dry for up to 24 hours.
- Palm kernel oil leaves your skin feeling smooth: Although you shouldn’t ditch your moisturizer in favor of Tom’s of Maine, this ingredient helps to condition your skin. Some talc has also been thrown in for good measure, giving your underarms a silky feel during your daily use.
- Olive leaf extract prevents odors from resurfacing: This extract is Tom of Maine’s secret weapon to ensure that you smell fresh throughout the day. Adding to its role as a deodorant, fragrance from natural plant oils is included to provide a pleasant aroma that won’t be too overpowering as you apply it.
- Hydrogenated oils – caster and soybean – provide consistency: To ensure that the roll-on effectively comes out of the bottle and spreads across your underarms, Naturally Dry contains three active ingredients. As well as castor oil and soybean oil, stearyl alcohol from coconut and palm kernels are also used.
- It contains fewer chemical hazards than other cosmetics: According to EWG – an environmental group – Tom’s of Maine got the lowest possible score when it came to the hazardous chemicals found within their cosmetics, including Naturally Dry antiperspirant deodorant. This also means that it’s completely safe to use multiple times during the day.
- Four bottles of Tom’s equals one of rival brands: Although this doesn’t mean that your Naturally Dry roll-on will last four times longer, it does mean that this product is 25% cheaper than some of the other antiperspirant deodorants on the market. This is ideal if you’re trying to tackle excessive sweating on a budget.
Disadvantages of Tom’s of Maine Naturally Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant
There have been claims that Tom’s of Maine isn’t as effective for solving dermatological complaints, such as hyperhidrosis, because of their devotion to all-natural ingredients. This product is designed for more short-term, frequent use. Other disadvantages with continued application include:
- You may still notice some odors during the day: Some consumers in the past have claimed that the deodorant within Tom’s of Maine was insufficient in masking body odor for a full 24 hours. If this proves to be a problem for you, opt for a stronger product – or one that offers protection for longer.
- The roll-on can leave noticeable stains on your clothes: There have been widespread complaints that the aluminum chlorohydrate does leave garments stained, and these marks are really difficult to remove. Try wearing Tom's of Maine with a cheap T-shirt for the first few days to see if this applies to you.
- Some of their deodorants contain maltodextrin (wheat): If you suffer from wheat intolerance, you should check the label of Tom’s of Maine products carefully for maltodextrin. This will ensure that you don’t break out in a rash – even if you use it continuously. Don’t be afraid to talk to your dermatologist before purchase.
Comparing the Tom’s of Maine Naturally Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant
|Tom’s of Maine Naturally Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant||Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant||MegaDry Extra Strength Antiperspirant Deodorant|
|Price||Check Price »||Check Price »||Check Price »|
|Lasts for||24 hours||48 hours||Up to a week|
|Ingredients||Aluminum chlorohydrate||Aluminum chlorohydrate||Aluminum chlorohydrate|
|For sensitive skin||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Apply at night||Or day - it's up to you!||Or day - it's up to you!||Yes|
In Summary: Tom’s of Maine Naturally Dry Antiperspirant Deodorant
We like the fact that the ingredients are natural and carefully sourced.
Given the low price of this Tom's of Maine product, you haven’t got much to lose by purchasing their antiperspirant deodorant and seeing if it keeps you dry and odor-free. However, as we’ve seen, the fact that its active ingredient could stain your clothes will be a concern to some.
This hasn’t really been designed to be a full-strength antiperspirant, and if you have been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis, you will likely find that its strength is insufficient for your needs. You might need to opt for an alternative on the marketplace.
We like the fact that the ingredients are natural and carefully sourced. It shows the brand takes great pride in the cosmetics they manufacture. If only all other companies were as careful!