Dove is a well-known and a well-loved brand in the US and internationally. But with countless deodorants and antiperspirants on sale, selecting one to buy can be confusing.
That’s why we’re going to review their Dry Spray in further detail.
Introducing the Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant
Dove Dry Spray offers 48 hours of continuous protection – and contains 20.2% of aluminum chlorohydrate as an active ingredient.
Antiperspirants work by blocking the sweat glands under your armpits, which often helps to stop further perspiration. Many other products come as roll-ons or towelettes.
This is where Dove races into the lead with a unique selling point – as this product is a dry spray within an aerosol.
Although rare, it offers once distinctive advantage: you don’t have to wait several minutes for the antiperspirant to dry, and it can be applied in the morning for maximum freshness.
Dove Dry Spray offers 48 hours of continuous protection – and contains 20.2% of aluminum chlorohydrate as an active ingredient. This is considerably more than other brands, where levels of this antiperspirant can be as low as 14%.
|Lasts for||48 hours|
|For sensitive skin||Yes|
|Apply at night||Or day - it's up to you!|
The product also acts a deodorant, preventing unpleasant body odor from presenting itself during the day. According to the manufacturer – which sounds like they’re reviewing a wine – their fragrance contains “notes of citrus and apple mixed with a floral powder cream.” Ooh la la!
Unlike other companies, Dove rigorously tests their products before making claims on the label. That means you can rest assured that you will get 48 hours of consistent protection once Dry Spray has been applied. Despite this, as a matter of habit, it’s likely you’ll use this spray once a day or after every shower – and this shouldn’t irritate your skin excessively.
The ingredients used within antiperspirants are always a cause for concern with many consumers, and when you look on the label, there will likely be many chemicals that you don’t recognize.
Dove maintains that each of the ingredients found within Dry Spray have gone through a toxicology screening – and won’t cause any harm as long as you only use the spray briefly under your arms.
If you have been diagnosed with hyperhidrosis, a roll-on might be more suitable. Dove offers Clinical Protection, which includes stronger, prescription strength ingredients for keeping perspiration and odors at bay. It also works to renew the skin, despite containing aluminum zirconium tetrachlorohydrex at levels of 20%.
Advantages of Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant
Many antiperspirants haven’t been designed with soft skin in mind, but Dove aims to rock the boat.
Dove Dry Spray should be at the top of your wish list if you want to avoid coarse, sore skin under your arms. It’s an antiperspirant that has been specifically designed for women – and better still, the product is an affordable solution to wetness and odor, especially if you exercise regularly or you’re going through the menopause.
- The Dry Spray offers 1/4 moisturizer in every use: Many antiperspirants haven’t been designed with soft skin in mind, but Dove aims to rock the boat. Its ingredients work hard to keep your underarms looking supple, young and smooth.
- One can last for up to eight weeks: Not only is Dove considerably cheaper than other antiperspirants for women out there, but you can go for up to two months without needing to purchase a replacement. This represents great value for money, and isn’t an opportunity to be missed.
- It’ll prevent wetness and unsightly marks on clothes: Even if you apply the antiperspirant while you’re wearing your gym kit, irritating white marks won’t begin to appear. The antiperspirant locks in sweat for two days – allowing you to focus on what really matters… having a good time!
- The antiperspirant doesn’t contain any water or alcohol: This is the feature which allows your underarms to remain completely dry seconds after treatment. Even better, you won’t get that unpleasant cool sensation after application. All you need to do is spray it 6″ away from your armpits.
- No residue is left behind once you’ve used the antiperspirant: It’s annoying when your deodorant or antiperspirant lets you down by leaving residue behind. But Dove claims that their Dry Spray eliminates this problem once and for all. That means you won’t have to dab your underarms with a towel after use.
- The fresh fragrance will last for the whole day: Even if you’re running frantically to business meetings, or picking up the kids from school, you’ll be completely protected against body odor for the whole day. Better still, the scent isn’t overpowering – meaning it won’t interfere with any perfume you’re wearing.
Disadvantages of Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant
Most people who use Dove products are delighted with the results – and have been loyal customers of the brand for many years. The smell is pleasant, but can be slightly strong in the moments after it’s applied. Other drawbacks include:
- Some customers prefer to use roll-on antiperspirants instead: The three main types of antiperspirants are towelettes, roll-ons and sprays. Although this product performs well under pressure, you might prefer a different method of protecting yourself against wetness and odor – especially if you want something compact.
- The chemicals in the product may trigger asthma: As with other sprays, the chemicals from Dove Dry Spray will diffuse into the air. If you have minor respiratory problems, this could be a hindrance – causing you to cough and wheeze. You might want to go for an alternative if this is the case.
- When using singlehandedly, things can get a little tricky: As you take the aerosol and direct it under your arm, it’s often quite fiddly to press down the button hard enough for the spray to release. Although a minor gripe, you might want something that’s effortless to use first thing in the morning!
Comparing the Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant
|Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant||MegaDry Extra Strength Antiperspirant Deodorant||SweatBlock Clinical Strength Antiperspirant Towelettes|
|Price||Check Price »||Check Price »||Check Price »|
|Lasts for||48 hours||Up to a week||Seven days|
|Ingredients||Aluminum chlorohydrate||Aluminum chlorohydrate||Aluminum chloride|
|Prescription strength||No||No||Recommended by doctors|
|For sensitive skin||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Apply at night||Or day - it's up to you!||Yes||Yes|
In Summary: Dove Sensitive Skin Dry Spray Women Antiperspirant
It bests many other products by including a pleasant fragrance and a moisturizer.
This is a solid contender for keeping your skin dry and odor-free. It bests many other products by including a pleasant fragrance and a moisturizer, as this keeps your underarms feeling fresh once you’ve shaven.
However, we would recommend that you look elsewhere if you prefer your antiperspirants to be completely free of odor, as the scent can prove a little overwhelming for some.
Scientifically tested, with toxicology screening for each of the ingredients which have been included, you can rest assured that Dove has engaged in plenty of experimentation to get the best results with their Dry Spray. There are stronger alternatives available from this manufacturer you find that this particular aerosol doesn’t completely eradicate wetness and odor after several days’ use.